Friday, November 29, 2013

30 Days of Mental Health Awareness: Day 4

http://mm172001.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/30-days-of-mental-illness-awareness-challenge-master-list/
I'm taking part in the 30 Days of Mental Health Awareness Challenge. Every day I'll post in response to their prompts.   

Day 4: What are the pros and cons of having a mental illness(es) or your specific illness(es)?

There are a lot of cons. I have a dreadful time being social and dating. I am often completely unable to "go with the flow." I have periods of my life I barely remember. I have wasted a lot of time being sick. I often feel like a fraud. I lack confidence. I am sometimes unsure if my moods or feelings are legitimate or are symptoms. I have to live in a brain that doesn't want to relax.

I am having a harder time with pros. I guess you could say I'm more empathetic. I try to be understanding of others' needs, moods, illnesses, and so on. I am forced to exercise self-care. I work extra hard to be a good person in some kind of convoluted attempt to make up for the times my depression made me mean or negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment