Saturday, February 23, 2013

Learning to Adult

Does anyone, at any age, ever fully feel like an adult? Or are we all just tall, confused children with keys to cars and depressing student loan payments?

I'm guessing it's the latter, and that's not an easy thing to navigate.

I'm 29. By all rights, I'm more than just barely an adult. Legally, I've been one for 11 years (oh my!). I'm doing things that, when I was younger, I looked up to as mature and impressive. Yet I still feel like I'm about 14, and I have no clue what I'm doing, ever. Lack of funds means I'm staying with my folks, which just fuels the feelings of delayed adulthood.

Which is why I started this blog. How do I transition from snot-nosed suburban punk rock kid to fully-formed grown up with degrees and pets and somewhere to live? How do I do all that without losing the fundamental aspects of me?

I don't have the answers to that question, but I hope to explore them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment