Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Blazers: Like Cardigans, But Adultish

When you go from walking in 20 degree weather to a heated train, back to 20 degree weather to a heated bus to the 20 degree weather then finally into an overly-heated library, you need to dress in layers. Usually a cardigan does the trick, but on days when I want to look a little more polished and mature, a blazer is a good thing to have on hand.

And what's even better is that blazers made from terry and ponte are seemingly all the rage, so they're just as comfortable as a sweater. Here I've selected a few*:

Old Navy's Knit Blazer is not plus sized, but is a bit roomy and stretchy in sizes XS-XXL. I personally bought it in my usual size for the brand and have since wondered if I should have tried it one smaller. It's $34.94, very comfortable, comes in four different colors, and can work over jeans or something dressier.

This French terry blazer from Target is plus sized and $29.99. There is a similar style in ponte available for $39.99 as well.

This plus-sized ponte jacket, also from Target, comes in a couple of colors and is $34.99. It's a little dressier than the previous choices, with that cool zipper detail.

I admit it: I'm a sucker for a peplum. I think they look especially great on plus sized and curvier women. This jacket from Target incorporates that detail, plus an asymmetric lapel. Oh, and again it's ponte which means stretch and comfort. At $49.99, this is the biggest splurge here.
*I am both poor and fat, so my clothing selections for this blog will likely be plus sizes (or straight sizes that fit a wider range) and cheap. If you are not plus sized, well chances are there's something similar out there that will fit you. After all, your size offers about ten thousand percent more options than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment