Wednesday, December 4, 2013

30 Days of Mental Health Awareness: Day 9


I'm taking part in the 30 Days of Mental Health Awareness Challenge. Every day I'll post in response to their prompts.

Day 9: What are some of the important events in your life, that may have effected your mental illness(es) for the worse or better? (You can make a timeline)

I mentioned yesterday that I was bullied as a child, and that seems to be a common thread in many of my issues.

Journalism school was hard for me. I suffered from anxiety constantly (I know that's normal for grad students, but I had a breakdown standing on a sidewalk in Manhattan, and that's not normal for anyone over the age of 4). I was extremely negative all the time, which I now realize is a symptom of my depression. It was a really rough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment